APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE
FOLLOWING POST AT MALUTI TVET COLLEGE:
POSITION : SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT OFFICER (SHE)
SALARY LEVEL : 08
SALARY : R316 791.00 P/A
REFERENCE : MALUTI TVET/ CORP002/2019
COLLEGE COUNCIL APPOINTMENT : 3 YEARS CONTRACT
CENTRE : CORPORATE OFFICE
- National Senior Certificate/ Grade 12/ Standard 10 or NCV Level 4
- Three year post Matric qualification in Occupational Health and Safety/Environmental/Risk/Quality Management
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in relevant field
- A valid drivers licence
- Computer Skills (MS Excel,MS Word and MS Power Point)
- Registration with SACPMP will be an added advantage.
- Experience in ISO 45001 (previously OHSAS 18001) and ISO 14001 will also be an added advantage.
- Willingness to work long hours and to be available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrate strong communication and report writing skills.
- Designing safety programs and ensure compliance with COID.
- Creating and maintaining safety forms.
- Conducting program monitoring, awareness and training.
- Giving safety reports to management, regulators and relevant external stakeholders.
MLT-HR-ADVERTS SHE Officer 03/05/2019 Page 2 of 2 HTB/tpm
- Inspect workplace to ensure equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety and health hazard.
- Investigate health and safety related complaints.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining all safety and health regulations within the institution.
- Encourage managers, supervisors, employees and students to participate in Occupational Health and Safety initiatives.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of Safety, Health and Environmental strategies for the college.
- Establish and foster a culture of Safety, Health and Environmental compliance and accountability across the organization.
- Facilitate independent reviews of incidents and all accidents.
- Represent the institution on relevant SHE forums
- Perform ad hoc duties as instructed by the relevant supervisor.
Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department as well as Maluti TVET Corporate Office or from DHET Official website:
www.dhet.gov.za (and be signed) and should be accompanied by originally certified copies of formal qualifications, driver’s licence, ID and detailed CV.
Immigrants should apply for work permits before assumption of duty. People with disability are encouraged to apply.
NO FAXED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
All applications should be posted or hand delivered to:
Human Resource Manager Human Resource Manager
Maluti TVET College: Corporate Office OR Maluti TVET College: Corporate Office
Private Bag X 33 Corner High & Broster Street
Enquiries: Mr HT Basson - Tel: 058 303 1732
Closing Date: 03 June 2019