Maluti TVET College is a Technical Vocational Education & Training Institution operating under the auspices of the Department of Higher Education and Training. The College is accredited by Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs)
The Department of Higher Education and Training was formally established by law in terms of the Presidential Minute No.690 of 06 July 2009 and under Proclamation No.44 of 01 July 2009, the concurrent functions under the FET Colleges Act, 2008 were transferred to the Minister of Higher Education & Training.
The Department of Higher Education & Training comprises of Public TVET Colleges, Public Universities, National Institutes of Higher Education, Trade Testing Centres, Skills Development Institutes and SETAs.
The mandate of the 50 public TVET Colleges is to steadily increase the number of students enrolled and trained in priority and critical skills areas putting FET Colleges at the centre of skills development challenge in South Africa.
The specific focus of public TVET Colleges is to address the skills shortages in South Africa; by offering relevant and responsive vocational and occupational programmes
The figures holding hands—symbolic of our rainbow nation, the strength of which lies in our country.
The spirit of the college is captured in the logo:
- Development for all
- Unlimited growth potential
- White – for peace, transparency and unity
- Sky blue – reflecting the Drakensberg area, achievement and freshness in approach
- Green – reflecting the area, fertile lands for growth and development
- Gold – symbolizing wealth and prosperity
- Pay– Off Line
- Our pay –off line: Great Place, Great Choice for Lifelong Learning has been choosen because it perfectly represents what we’re about.
“Maluti FET College builds a society that has the technological competencies to be both self -supportive and globally competitive”
MISSION & STRATEGIC GOALS
- To secure for all learners access to relevant and responsive areas of learning and the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes
- To provide world class programmes in partnership with institutions at home and broad
- To promote public understanding and build confidence in FET Colleges
- To provide equitable and responsive service delivery (Batho Pele principles) and transparency is our priority
- To maintain a sound culture of teaching and learning and provide efficient and effective service to the community.
We believe in:
- Mutual respect
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Accountability and responsibility
- Commitment and dedication
- Patriotism and loyalty